Bible Studies

I'm going to use this blog to journal my way through life. It will help me keep track of prayers, journaling, answers to prayer, praises, spiritual links/articles, books I'm reading, my growth and so on. Maybe it will be helpful to others as well. My goals with this blog are to grow in the Lord, grow as a person, grow as a wife and mother, and grow as a friend. I pray that it will benefit any of you reading as well. Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey :)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Deliverance

I was really blessed today while reading  The Power of Praying Through the Bible.  I just wanted to blog some notes from the chapter on Deliverance.  We need deliverance and Jesus paid the price for us when he died on the cross.  God wants us to be free from anything that seperates us from Him.  We can so often feel trapped and controlled by unhealthy relationships, resentment, struggles, sin, discouragement, depression, and so on.

Psalm 50:15 (New International Version)

15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."


How we can find deliverance:
  • Pray-Psalm 72:12 (NIV) For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help.
  • Have someone pray for you- Psalm 34:17 (NIV) The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
  • Read the Bible-John 8:32 (New International Version) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
  • Spend time praising and worshiping God and being with Him
Life is a process and so is deliverance. We aren't perfect, so we need help daily from the Lord.

Judges 3:9, 15(NIV)

 But when they cried out to the LORD, he raised up for them a deliverer, Othniel son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother, who saved them.  15 Again the Israelites cried out to the LORD, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab.

Matthew 6:13 (New International Version)

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

No comments:

Post a Comment