Bible Studies

I'm going to use this blog to journal my way through life. It will help me keep track of prayers, journaling, answers to prayer, praises, spiritual links/articles, books I'm reading, my growth and so on. Maybe it will be helpful to others as well. My goals with this blog are to grow in the Lord, grow as a person, grow as a wife and mother, and grow as a friend. I pray that it will benefit any of you reading as well. Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Praying Through the Bible

The Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormie Omartian
These are some of the things that stuck out to me when reading and praying through this book.


*Pray to be released from fear. God is with me and I can rely on Him. Praise Him for answers to prayer.

Deuteronomy 20:1 (New International Version)
When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you.

Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)
13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalm 34:17 (New International Version)
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.


*Praise God everyday for his blessings, faithfulness, goodness, love, holiness, and everything he does for us. Praise him for who he is.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4 (New International Version)
3 I will proclaim the name of the LORD.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!

4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.

*God is our refuge and we should bring all of our challenges and our biggest hurts to him. He is ready to take all of our difficulties and carry us through. He will bear the burden and keep us safe in his arms.
Deut. 33

No comments:

Post a Comment