Bible Studies

I'm going to use this blog to journal my way through life. It will help me keep track of prayers, journaling, answers to prayer, praises, spiritual links/articles, books I'm reading, my growth and so on. Maybe it will be helpful to others as well. My goals with this blog are to grow in the Lord, grow as a person, grow as a wife and mother, and grow as a friend. I pray that it will benefit any of you reading as well. Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey :)

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Running Away...or Running the Race

I run away literally when my problems get difficult.  I get in my car and drive around or I get away from the problem or person in another way.  I never run away forever, but remove myself for a bit from the situation.  Sometimes, I'd like to just run away from life altogether and just start life over.  It seems easier to run away from problems and try to avoid than to deal with them. I know that I can't do this, but it does seem tempting to quit things and just run away from them when my situation seems too overwhelming. Starting new would still bring my troubles with me, and probably add more, as I would have caused problems by avoiding.  Starting over wouldn't have changed my attitude, my discipline, my walk with God, my perception on life.  There are times that I feel stuck in my relationships and circumstances and don't know what to do.  I want better for myself and those around me.  I try to control my situation the best I can, but these efforts end up making things more difficult in my life.  Ultimately I'm not in control.

Genesis 16:7-9 (New International Version)

7 The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?"
"I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered.
9 Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her."

God is the only one in control of my situation.  Instead of trying to run away or solve my problems myself, I need to turn to God and give him my pain, emotions, and situation.  He wants to help me.  He wants me to have hope.  It is best to realize that I need to face my problems, realize that my life is unmanageable, and that God is the only one that has the help and fulfillment that I need.  This world is full of hardship, and it won't go away, just by changing situations.  Instead of running away, I need to run the race that has a clear path.

Hebrews 12:1-3 (New International Version)
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Wow, this verse is so amazing!  I was praying about my life and my issues in this area, and God led me to both of these verses within 5 minutes of each other.  It is amazing how clear God's path is for all of us and how he truely wants to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment