Bible Studies

I'm going to use this blog to journal my way through life. It will help me keep track of prayers, journaling, answers to prayer, praises, spiritual links/articles, books I'm reading, my growth and so on. Maybe it will be helpful to others as well. My goals with this blog are to grow in the Lord, grow as a person, grow as a wife and mother, and grow as a friend. I pray that it will benefit any of you reading as well. Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Praying for my Children

These are things that stuck out to me after reading The Power of a Praing Parent by Omartian.

*Make a prayer list for each child to pray specifically for them.

*Release my kids to God. They are not mine but His. God will take better care of them than I ever can. He will protect them and guide me to be the parent that he wants me to be.

Matthew 7:11 (New International Version)
11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

*Pray for protection for your children. God will protect and look out for them. Often times I worry and my kids and life in general. I need not worry, as I can trust in the Lord, for he keeps his promises!

Psalm 112:7 (New International Version)
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment