Bible Studies

I'm going to use this blog to journal my way through life. It will help me keep track of prayers, journaling, answers to prayer, praises, spiritual links/articles, books I'm reading, my growth and so on. Maybe it will be helpful to others as well. My goals with this blog are to grow in the Lord, grow as a person, grow as a wife and mother, and grow as a friend. I pray that it will benefit any of you reading as well. Thanks for visiting and sharing my journey :)

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Expectations

So often I set expectations way beyond my reach or other's reach.  Life is not in my control and neither is anyone else.  I am responsible for me and how I feel, my behaviors, my thoughts, and so on.  I often expect way too much of others and want to control and have expectations over their behaviors, thoughts, and feelings. Sometimes these expectations are intentional, and other times they are not.  Every person is an individual  and is responsible for their own behaviors, thoughts and feelings.  I'm not responsible for them and I can't possibly know what is best for them.  That is quite self-righteous of me to even begin to think that I know best for someone else.  I need to stop expecting what I think is right and start accepting others for who they are.  Then I won't be disappointed or unsettled and I won't be smothering or putting pressure on others.  I must focus on my own self and the many improvements that God is trying to show me in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment